Sunday, October 4, 2009

A serious lack of ere.

Wow. Life.

First, how about we talk about my birthday and how much my family LOVES me?!
First, Kiara gave me my awesome present a day early, which was fab. On my actual birthday I went to school--for six hours. Party. And then I did homework. BUT Bree's mom Gwen came by with a cute little cake/HUGE cupcake for me from Bree. Bree, gol I love her. She sent me a card too! THEN I got to go to dinner at Outback with my parents! Outback is my absolute fav. So that's about when the party started. The Farleys came over after that and we hade ice cream cake and opened my other sweet presents. Let's just say that I got everything on my wish list plus some. Considering I only had 3 things on there, it wasn't hard to do, but still. It was AWESOME. Aunt Roosie and Gramma came by for a little while too, followed by Cam, who brought me flowers. Here's a picture of me with my birthday cupcake.
And then of my flowers.


Speaking of Cam, pardon me, Elder Olsen, he is gone-down in Brazil. It's a little sad, but golly! I am so dang happy for him that I can't even think about that! He's where he should be. I've gotten one letter from him so far, and it seems like he's doing really well! I'm so proud of him.




The Friday after my birthday, Haley took me on a hot date. We went to dinner at Pirate Island Pizza (which is seriously SUCH a cool place), saw the movie All About Steve and boogied at an institute dance. It was SO much fun. I almost peed my pants a couple of times during the movie because it was so ridiculous. Yeah, good times. THANKS HALES! I had a BLAST!

Haley and I have also had plenty of adventures at the BYU football games! Alright, so maybe the game against Florida State wasn't the most lovely experience ever, haha. But it was entertaining! We had the married couple in front of us that acted like flirty 15 year olds, the guy next to us who stole our seats and decided that it'd be cool to sit on our laps and put his butt and elbow in our faces-fabulous-and the massive group around us who kept inviting more and more people over just for fun, even when there were no seats! Woohoo!
















But the second game, seen above, was really great! We were basically sitting by ourselves, we were more toward the center this time, and using binoculars kept the sun out of our eyes. For the most part. Not only that, but we WON! Woohoo!

Last Sunday, I went to my future singles ward. My Uncle Lowell is in the bishopric, and it was nice to have my cousin and aunt there for my first Sunday. After church, I had some extra time, so I went to visit the parents of my friend (Brody) from junior high. He's on a mission in Florida right now and it's been nice to stop by every once in a while and get an update on him and the rest of the family! After that I went to a break the fast, picked up Jaron, and ran on over to my house for the real meal. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I fell down the stairs. Yup, I sure did. One of my sexy heels got stuck on a stair as I was coming down and I trip, flew into the wall, slid down it a enough to manage turning on the lights, and fell down the last stair and smacked my head on the hardwood floor. Haha OH. MY. GOSH.

You know what? As long as I'm talking about my clumsy cursed life, I might as well just get it all out there. At the beginning of the summer I was super excited about riding the Farley scooters. It was cold for too long and I had a really hard time getting them started for a while..and then I just gave up. When Deveren got back, he got the ball rolling again, but by that time my permit was almost up and I needed to take the road test pretty quick. There's this one test where you have to speed up pretty fast and then when your front tire runs over a line, you slam on the breaks and stop before the next line. Long story short, I was doing a practice run of that exercise, and as I sped up everything was fine, but when I hit the breaks something happened and I ended up on the ground with the scooter on top of me. SERIOUSLY?! Haha what is this?! I just stayed where I was for a minute while the test guy and Dev ran up to me and asked me if I was alive. I didn't sustain any damage myself, other than my pride, but I was definitely bummed about my white shoe (that I just washed, mind you) was super dirty. Bummer. Oh, and I'm SORRY about the scooter Ki and Dev! I'll make it up to you!







Here are some visuals to help you grasp what happened...










I think that other than studying my eyeballs out and getting a B- on a stupid test, my NEW PHONE is the only other recent news. My mom called me after I got my lame B- and asked me if I could meet her at the T-mobile store. And when I showed up, VOILA! My wonderful mama told me that I was getting a new phone. She had already picked it out (because she has fabulous taste and I trust her) and here it is!
It's the Samsung T349, because I know you wanted to know. And I'm seeing an orange silicone cover in my future. What choo think?

I think that is all for now. Hopefully I will be writing again soon, especially after General Conference and the letters I should be getting from missionaries here pretty soon.

Until then,

-T

P.S. I forgot to explain the title of this blog! Ere is the rolling letter R in Spanish--a letter I am completely incapable of sounding out. In the Spanish conversation lab I went to this last week, the instructor went around the room pointing at people to make ere sounds. Trouble. Of course she pointed at me and I tried and tried and couldn't manage it.
I guess that I just didn't have nearly enough embarrassing moments last week!! Just put 'em on my tab.
I may be sticking to cars, flat ground, and English for the next little while...

1 comment:

Ben and Janelle said...

You have quite the interesting and fun life! Your stories are so funny. Thanks for sharing! I really want to try that pizza place. Is the pizza itself really that good, or is it just because the atmosphere is fun? I'm assuming you read my post about the people we get to sit by at all the football games with our season tickets...yeah. Fun! When you fell down the stairs, was that at home? Ha! That's funny. :) Sorry about the biff on the scooter! Your poor shoe! Another new phone? Didn't you get one less than a year ago when you got back from London?! :) S-P-O-I-L-E-D!! :) What did you get for your b-day? I want to know so that I know if I want one too! :) Hehe.
Okay...little bit jealous that Haley gets so much of your time. Yeah, I get that you've been best friends forever...but you can make new friends too and spend time with them! ;)
Have fun and keep posting!
P.S. You can leave comments on my blog too, ya know!
P.P.S. Glad you got into a new ward! Hope you like it better!