Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My eyes give me away.

In this quick moment of down time, I have decided to grace you with a short story.

One day, a girl (let's call her...T. Camp. No, Talyn C.) was sitting, quite peacefully, in the library. Alone at a table near a window, she was in the midst of getting absolutely nothing done (hey, it's the day before Thanksgiving Break! Can you blame her??), when a guy (of whom she had no previous affiliation) came to sit kiddy-corner from her. For clarity's sake, it is important to know that she was in the middle of an intense facebook conversation at this point in time (and let me just clarify, yet again, that it RARELY happens).

A few minutes went by and she became chilled, so naturally she put on her jacket.
"You're cold?" unknown guy asks.
"Yup," she replies, and returns to her chat.
A few minutes pass and she became even more chilled, so naturally she put on her scarf.
"You're really that cold?" U.G. asks. Realizing a pattern, and wanting it to stop before it gets too far, she cleverly says:
"Yup. But I'm a pretty cold person in general." Double meaning intended, buddy!
"Haha oh--does that apply to other aspects of your life?" he asks.
"I guess you could say that," she says, smiling at her own cleverness.
"What's your name, by the way?" he asks.
"Talyn," she says.
"Oh, like the claw on a bird." Original, man.
"Yeah, but spelled differently." ..."It's with a 'Y'."
"Well that's better!" he responds.
Seriously? What does that even mean?
Once again, Talyn C. returns to her intense conversation. Over the course of the next half hour, other random, and stupid, miscellaneous comments were made by U.G. until he finally says:

"Do you like sunsets?"
At this point, Talyn has turned up her music (yes, this entire time she has had earbuds in her ears) to the point where she cannot hear him. In a last minute decision to be polite, she takes one out and says, "Pardon? Did you say something?"
"Yeah," he says. "Do you like sunsets?"

Oh boy.

"Sure," she responds, with a slightly exasperated chuckle, "but probably not more than anybody else. I mean...they're pretty." Aka, where on earth are you going with this, U.G.??
"
I figured," he says, laughing. "You just have these eyes that look like they would really glow when you watch a sunset."

Wow.

Talyn laughs politely, mumbles a fairly flattered "thank you" and pops her earbud in until she can FLEE.


Yeah. True story.


Laugh it up. I sure did.

5 comments:

bree lena said...

i bet he blog stalks you and is reading this right now! wouldn't be surprised if there is a suicide at BYU come tomorrow morning haha ah classic, laughed out loud...again!

Ben and Janelle said...

Oh, Talyn. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing! Apparently he wasn't that attractive or else your attention for the opposite sex is elsewhere. ;)

Kiara said...

Haha! But seriously U.G.... Get a better pickup line buddy! I'm glad that story wasn't made up like the last one I read... I'm so excited for our steamy date tonight. My house. Six o'clock. Be there.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm glad someone reads it :) love your guts

Jason & Shannon said...

That's super creepy!

Heather Hall said...

No way. I think I know that guy.