My FM transmitter became majorly faulty a while back and I have been surviving my commute by shuffling through a shoebox full of CDs. CDs I've from elementary school and junior high. Super fun.
I think I kiped Tarzan from my parent's stash about...ten years ago. More or less.
Turns out it's my new favorite thing--regardless of the fact that there are only ten songs on it with words. Eight if you subtract the songs without actual words. Even so, I'm in love.
I would recommend you explore your Tarzan side and snuggle up to my buddy Phil Collins for a little play date. But seriously. I've been wanting to watch the movie for days, but it turns out we don't have it; although, we used to.
Curious.
In other news, my middle sister, Kiera (commonly known as Kiara), was kidnapped on Saturday.
By me. Mwahaha!
She gave me a gift card to Olive Garden for my birthday and we hadn't gotten around to going. Turns out we didn't get around to it on Saturday either, so I got it To-Go and took it to her house. Surprise number one. Little did she know that there were MORE surprises to come.
After we ate, the babysitter showed up. Yup, that's right. Surprise number two.
Then I took out the movie tickets I had already purchased and VOILA! She read "Twilight Saga: New M-" on the ticket and we were both jumping up and down. She hadn't seen it yet. Surprise number three.
This is us, at the ghetto theater, getting head lice.
But we saw my sexy friend Jacob without a shirt. Over and over. So it was all worth it.
Last weekend, well, two weekends ago, was a long weekend. Thank goodness!
I basically spent all of my free time with HALEY! Woohoo! Turns out we never see each other in real life, so magical long weekends are as good as it gets.
On Saturday:
We went to the BYU basketball game
We went to dinner
We saw a movie
On Sunday:
We had a movie marathon (there is nothing like a good 18 hour Civil War movie to keep you
grateful!)
We had a fruit and veggie tray--with peanut butter and chocolate for dipping (thanks for the
inspiration, Bree Lena)
Haley brought Apple Beer (can it get better than that?!)
We stayed up late. Very Sleepover-esque
On Monday:
We went to another movie
&
We went to lunch
Dang. It was a good time.
But then our weekend-long play date was over and I had to get back to my school work. Bummer.
I'm not exactly sure how long ago this was, but meet Ben.
He's Haley's cousin and he likes Tang. He likes it so much that he would rather just eat the sugar mix without adding water, but unfortunately he doesn't have the greatest capacity for pure sugar (as most of us can say for ourselves. Unless it's cotton candy, pixie sticks, or anything of THAT sort) and was, evenually, convinced to dilute it--in a ginormous Pyrex dish. I actually convinced him (or forced, whatever) to use the Pyrex dish.
It was the only place the crazy amount of beverage would fit. Or so I said.
I just wanted to see him drink out of it.
Working backwards even further, on the last Friday of January, my besties and I attended a Masquerade Ball with some pretty cool guys we know. We sparkled up our faces enough to pass them off as being masks (but seriously, they were really cool), picked up our dates, went to dinner at In-N-Out, and had a photoshoot with my sister, Kiera--all before going to the Ball and gettin' jiggy wit' it (na-na-na-na-na-na-na! Na-na-na-na-na-na! That's for you, Hales).



All in all, it was a blast. And I have never seen Bree Lena act like such a spaz. I LOVED it. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. So a big shout out and thank you to Bree, Haley, Vegas, Talmage, and Scott! I had a fabulous time and I hope you did too!
And if you didn't, boys--at least now you have a brilliant idea about how to propose to your girlfriend. Just take her to a masquerade, make it look like she is winning a prize, get someone to blindfold her and take her to the top of a staircase, and then position yourself on one knee at the bottom of the staircase so she can gaze down at your beautiful face before you strut up to her and ask her if she'll marry you.
Classy.
Then you can make out in front of hundreds of people.
Classy-ER.
Rewinding again, I hosted a surprise murder mystery party right after New Years. The surprise was the no one else knew it was a murder mystery party!
No one really knew what they were doing, and it was kind of anti-climactic, BUT we ate and laughed and played games afterwards, so it was a success!

P.S. Courtney was the murderer. You never suspect the old woman will be the killer. But you REALLY never suspect that the old woman would be the ex-lover of the jerk fashion designer (beautifully played by my dad) whom she killed and that the now deceased jerk fashion designer would be the father of the event planner and her twin sister. Scandalous!
I don't know about you, but I'M shocked!
Other than that, school is crazy and there are days when I don't see my parents. It would be weird for me to say that if I didn't actually live with them..but I do live with them so it isn't weird for me to say. Just weird that I don't see them. Yup.This semester I am taking upper-level editing classes (what am I saying? All my classes are upper-level classes), a linguistics class (I don't want to talk about it), Spanish, Doctrine and Covenants, my Washington Seminar prep class, and a leadership class. (Yeah, that's 18 credits you're lookin' at.)
For those of you who don't know, I am on the Humanities College Student Council this semester. That's what my leadership class is. It's pretty recent and a pretty last minute decision, but I'm really enjoying it! So far we have done a really great service project where we made almost fifty blankets for charity, my committee organized an Asian Cultural Extravaganza, and I have met some great people! Oh, AND my picture is on a bulletin board. Talk about a bonus! Haha
I've also started working. It's about ten hours a week and it is ridiculously monotonous. I am a grader for the BYU Linguistics Department. What that means is that I listen to recordings of non-native English speakers and grade their English. Whether they say every syllable, whether they add words, whether they switch words around...etc. The kicker is that there are only about 15-20 sentences total. Imagine listening to THAT for ten hours. Yeah, it's fab. Haha the things we do so we don't have to starve in Washington DC!
Here are a couple extra tid-bits before I get back to that job of mine.
Other than Tarzan, my new music favs (aka iTunes purchases) are:
Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
Tik Tok by Ke$ha (dang that catchy song! It's so dumb but I love it!)
Replay by Iyaz
Body Language by Jesse McCartney
and In My Head by Jason Derulo
Things I watch when I have the time (aka create the time):
The Bachelor (season finale next Monday!)
The Olympics
Arrested Development
The Pretender
The Biggest Loser
Just thought you may need a reminder of what shows are good in life.
Here is a BIG, FAT note and tribute to a special someone.
HAPPY TWENTIETH BIRTHDAY (on Friday) BREE LENA. Holy cow, girl! You are OLD!! I miss you and I love you and I hope that you have a fabulous birthday and that you eat lots of ice cream at Serendipity for me. Pretend I'm there, because you know I would be if I could. Remember that I love you and that I think you are an amazing designer, example, and most importantly, you are an incredible friend. Thank you for always thinking of me! Your calls and texts mean more than you know. You truly are my bestie.
Happy birthday.
Thanks for bearing with me, friends, and for not verbally abusing me because I haven't updated my blog for TWO MONTHS. Next time, toss me a hint. Time goes by so fast these days and I don't even realize it!
Of course, my dad would say that time always moves at the same pace. I love you Daddy, but I beg to differ.
Until next week. Or month.
Or whenever I make it back.
-T
3 comments:
Thank you lovey!!! I love you and hope you have a good day..... haha I'll try to. GOOD LUCK! haha I miss you, while I eat ice cream, you enjoy a sonic!
I have Tarzan if you want to watch it...! :) I also have your movie to return to you.
So...why the heck do you keep referring to your sister as KiEra?? Does that have anything to do with the fact that I told you there is a girl in my ward named Kiara, but pronounced KiEra? Or is this some family or other friend joke?! :)
See...you DO have time to have fun with friends (and a LOT of fun, from the sound of it!). Good for you. :)
Love that proposal story. Nice. Too bad Ben didn't propose to me like that!
Thanks for updating. See ya later!
One day I'll get my movie back from you. How shall we do that?
I call my sister Kiera because people have hard times pronouncing her name, haha. There's no hidden jab at you in there! Promise. She has a make-fun sort of nickname for me too. It's just this thing we do.
Post a Comment