Thursday, May 27, 2010

Boy Toy(s)

You may remember what I said in my first post about the walls of my room being super white and then what I said about wishing that I had a poster of a sexy man to keep me company...I specifically mentioned Taylor Lautner, for obvious reasons. Well, friends, my mama loves me! That's all I gotta say! In her package to me, there were two amazing posters, one of which is pictured below. Tragically, I didn't even know this photo existed, but my mother has shown me the light and I get to spend time with him every night. Plus I rhyme. Noteworthy.

In the package, there were also granola bars and sharpies-very exciting!- and then a serious lack of a letter from Cameron--a letter which I had been waiting for...for over ten days. Drama. Long story short it had fallen out of the tube, magically, and then they re-used the postage on the letter to mail it to my house AGAIN. My mom thought it was a new letter, so she forwarded it to me in a regular envelope (definitely the way to go) and it got to me a MONTH after he sent the stinking thing. It's all good though! His letter was fabulous, and getting something late is better than not getting anything at all, eh?

In Elder Brody Brinkerhoff's email to me this week, he sent some classic pictures. Most notable is the one featured below. I LOVE fat black kids in pink cars! No idea how he knew that, but I appreciated the extra thought and effort he put into finding and photographing this stud for me.


Last Friday was ridiculously long. Highlights.
-NOT school
-Nando's with Trevor and Seth
-Going to a briefing in the Capitol and going on the Speaker's balcony
-Sweating off my body weight while walking MILES (the kid who said it was a quick walk to our 2nd briefing/from briefing #2 to the Capitol was CRAZY)
-Going to the Nats baseball game and sneaking into better seats (I'm brilliant. SHHH)
In all honesty, I don't love baseball. Like at all. BUT, atmosphere is everything--which is good because it was a super slow and uneventful game. Oh wait! That's just baseball in general. Go Nats.

Feast your eyes on THESE sweet pictures of our Friday adventures:



Last Saturday, after a super long day at school (8a-5p), we had the opportunity to do a service project for a medical clinic that has philosophies I just downright don't agree with. Super fun. Here are a couple shots from the experience.


My favorite service oriented picture, however, isn't in that slide show. When we first got to Mary's Center, the clinic, and we headed into the parking garage to get supplies to do our various projects, Russell found his usual weapon of choice.
I'm thinking he could be an amazing poster child for BYU recruiting....
eh?


One thing that I may have forgotten to mention (mostly because I don't have electronic proof yet--the evidence is on paper, dang it) is that I got to meet not one--not two--but THREE of the actors from the TV show NCIS. AH! I actually got to hang out with 2 out of the 3 for a good portion of the mornings that they came. It was pretty amazing. Truth be told, David McCallum, who plays Ducky, is absolutely brilliant. Rocky Carroll, who plays Director Vance, is really nice--and Pauley Perrette is...fabulous. Gosh those were good days! I have pictures! They shall follow as soon as I get them.

Here are some funny things that have happened over the past couple weeks:
1. There was a guy sharpening a knife on the metro. I totally did a double take, which was followed by a complete stare down on my part. It was strange. And freaky.

2. I realized that there is an inscription on the corner a Navy Yard parking garage that says a guy's leg is in the wall. Como?! I think it's supposed to be some kind of memorial, but that is WEIRD.

3. I was on the metro when this older guy walked on. Normal. Then he turned and I realized he had hearing aids. Like the big ones that go behind your ears. Still normal. I immediately smiled, because it makes me happy. Then I realized that the guy standing next to him just happened to have hearing aids too! What the!? What are the odds?

4. One morning it rained a lot, but it had mostly dried up. So I'm walking down the street, headed to the metro to go to work, and I step on this tile on the sidewalk and it is completely unstable, leans one way, and water splashes up from underneath it and plops directly in both of my shoes. Haha I was laughing way too hard and people were looking at me like I was insane. Life is just great!

5. I was walking out of the metro station by my apartment and I hear this sound of air rushing by, then my face is wet. Um, yes. A complete stranger did, in fact, sneeze on my face. Nasty. It was so ridiculous though, so what can you do but wash your face and laugh, right?

6. One guy next to me on the metro was rolling a homemade cigarette. Classy. Just an average day on the metro! Yesterday was another magical experience on the metro. Something was malfunctioning with the train, including the AC, and it was HOT and sticky in there. I was trapped in there, sweating without even moving, for twenty minutes--and when it usually only takes 5-7 minutes on that leg of the trip, it was ridiculous. Let's just say I was hot and bothered by the end of that experience--and not in a good way.

Tomorrow morning (super early) I am headed to the BIG APPLE. I get to play with Bree ALL weekend and I am STOKED. I'll do my best to stay on top of things going on over here in the bloody hot land of DC (and NY. Pretty sure Bree with MAKE me take pictures, so we're covered there).

If you feel like you're missing out on something important that I'm not mentioning, email your official complaints to me. Just because I'm not across the ocean this time doesn't mean that emailing me is a bad idea....
But seriously.

Until next time,
Cheers.

-T

2 comments:

Kiara said...

You forgot to mention how amazing your sister is.... Me! I am officially requesting a tribute to me :) Please. I love your blog. And I love you!

Ben and Janelle said...

SICKNESS! Someone sneezed on your FACE?! Did you let that person know they just sneezed on you and remind them to cover their mouth? YUCK!
Love the poster!
Cool that you got to hang out with the actors. Lucky girl!
Absolutely love the photo of the black kid in the car. Ha!