So the other day I was walking to work (did I mention that I got a job?) and I was walking past this construction zone (where Deseret Towers used to be, for those of you who are familiar with BYU campus) toward the Morris Center (which is the old Cannon Center)...here is the construction zone...

Pretty, right? Very scenic and lovely to look at (and smell) as I walk to work. Delicious. Anyway, I get to this trailer that has the name of the masonry company that is working on the project. Here is the decal...or whatever it is.

Seems harmless enough, right? Until you get a closer look at the fine print. Under AK MASONRY it says, "We get it layed." Um...wow. Clever AND catchy...minus that whole sexual innuendo thing. Basically it was my double-take photo of the day. I like to call it--blog worthy. Turns out it was my last photo for a week because immediately after I took this photo and stashed my camera in my bag, it went missing. I went to work and I walked to my car, and as soon as I got home I realized my camera was missing. What the?!
I almost had a meltdown, and after searching the entire next day (at work, all around campus parking lots and buildings, the university lost and found--everywhere) I had lost all hope of finding it and started giving my coworkers the (inner) evil eye because I suspected them of being vicious thieves. Not really. But it crossed my mind for a second.
After a week of calling the lost and found (without a single answered phone call or message--which is ridiculous because I've never seen ANY actual "customers" in there when I've gone. It's not like the lost and found people are busy), I finally went in there to give them a piece of my mind. And they gave me a piece of my soul back instead :) AH HA! My camera!
To this day I have no idea where it was. I just thank the BYU honor code and the honesty of the BYU student who turned it into the lost and found. Go cougars!
In other double-take photo news, I saw this on another type of trailer. The vacationing kind.

"Let R' Buck" . . . . really?
4 comments:
I saw a truck once (and I even put a photo on my blog) that said "Hookers Wanted"...I think it was a tow truck company or something. Ha!
Glad you found your camera. Funny how I haven't seen you at all since you've been back...
Funny is right! I wonder how I missed your phone call. And email. And text message. And facebook message. So many communication options and I managed to miss ALL of them. That IS strange :)
you found it because of me and my relationship with the universe! LOVE you!
WOW! Those are ridiculous! I'm glad you got your camera back!
Post a Comment