Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Flashbacks--Episode Two

From the beginning of August to the beginning of September, my sisters and I have our birthdays. It's all pretty hectic, especially when you add my bro-in-law's birthday and a wedding anniversary. Then it turns into a real mess when you add the end of July because my two nephews have their birthdays. I'm sensing a pattern here.

Anyway, this year was pretty sad because I missed my nephews' birthdays, my eldest sister's birthday, and my eldest brother-in-law's birthday. Not on purpose, of course--I'm not completely heartless. I just happened to be across the country sweating my eyeballs out and working like a dog. Happy birthday to you guys--at least you weren't ME.

Anyway, Kiera's birthday was on the 24th, and my parents took her out to dinner to celebrate. I was lucky enough to tag along and witness the official celebration of this hot mama turning 25. (*cough* you're OLD) Lucky, again, for me--her favorite restaurant just happens to be my favorite restaurant and it was kind of like a double whammy for me. I'm charmed--what can I say? And that was sarcasm because between my high percentage of embarrassing moments and lame-o guy encounters, and my pure bad luck when it comes to traffic, timing, and occasionally happening to stick my foot in my mouth (though whatever I say is usually clever and/or chuckle inducing, which could be a redeeming factor), I would say that the word "charmed" is not a word I would used to describe my life...but I'm sure I have my moments. There are definitely memorable ones!

This snapshot may be considered one of those lovely moments--my first time eating steak after a long summer of super-cheap living. Oh, wait. That's just the way I live in general. But look how happy I am regardless!


Yaya and Papa with their cute granddaughter, Bailie


Me, the Brekster, and Kiera
This birthday celebration of Kiera's was actually the day before her birthday. To see what happened on her birthday, click aqui.

A couple weeks later it was time for my birthday. I love, love, LOVE it when my birthday is on a Monday because it's Labor Day and my b-day is a national holiday. Joy to the world. This year it was on a Thursday. Not so much my fav. Yippee for my longest day of school (8am-3pm)! But that night, Haley and Kiera took me out to dinner and afterward we had a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie marathon at my house! CLASSIC. I adore those movies more than I can express in words. Go ahead and laugh, but whichever girls have a problem watching attractive men (even if they were attractive by the standards of the 90s and early 2000s), usually in swimming suits, with hilariously cheesy dialogue and a ridiculous plot--you don't know what you're missing. Five words.
Quotes that last a lifetime.
(1) (2) (3)(4) (5)

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that night (Haley...) or else they would be aqui.

Later (or earlier) that week, I can't quite remember at this point, my familia (Mom, Dad, and Miss Jill) took me to eat at Blue Lemon--this really great restaurant that happens to be located in a strip mall. I had a yummy salad, complete with craisins, chicken, and nuts of some sort, and butternut squash soup that was to die for. It was seriously more like a dessert than a side to my entree. YUM-MY.

Obviously it was way good :) And yes, eating salad on a date is the most impressive skill in my arsenal. The men eat this up. (They must, right? Or that girl at Logan's Roadhouse would've been seriously lacking a boyfriend. My lucky break is coming soon--I can FEEL it, haha. Or not.)
I must also say that my parents are the greatest parents in the entire universe. Because of them I have the things that I absolutely needed to survive this semester (as an example, one of those things was a new wall charger for my computer--my old one just up and quit working. Essential? Yes, indeedy.)

The one gift that was a total surprise--well, honestly they were all a surprise because I didn't have any expectations. Kind of weird since I'm twenty and that's kind of a big milestone in my mind. I guess I just expected a private jet to take me on a tropical vacation with my 50 closest friends. I didn't so much expect the gifts. Anyway, the one gift that totally blew me away was the receipt for a--get this--handgun training course at Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, which is one of the best firearms training facilities in the world. AH! I KNOW, RIGHT!?
So, this next summer (after I am a college graduate, holy cow), my mom, Par and I are taking a little four day jaunt to Vegas to be trained by the best in the firearms business.
There. are. no. words.
BAHAHAHA! I am just so dang excited!!

Yes, my friends, that>>>
is going to be me. Just imagine that I don't have the mustache.
Ha. Kidding.

But seriously--it's going to be amazing.

THANK YOU MOM AND DAD! Best birthday present EVER. It was so perfect that I didn't even THINK to think of it.
You truly are brilliant and wonderful and thoughtful--
and I love you two. More than you know.


And that's flashback number two.

No comments: