Monday, November 7, 2011

importunate (adj): troublesomely urgent

Obviously I haven't really taken Webster's word of the day seriously as of late. And by as of late I mean over the past five months.

Since catching up (as far as my definition of the phrase is concerned) is absolutely impossible because I'm much too long-winded for that, here's a quick recap.

I got a full-time job.




I went on a cruise (photos in no particular order).

the inaugural photo at the airport--let the adventure begin


the trolley in new orleans

beignets with famous people (rufus sewell pictured here)


(and josh lucas pictured here)


camp street in downtown new orleans


haley and me with the cruise pianist/entertainer, Laurie




yes, yes--those are grown men in ladies underwear and accessories





auntie kel and mom


mom, auntie kel, dad ( after the official synchronized swimming competition)




my dad does his own stunts


the ship



the magician (with an exotic name that I can't remember)


it's a tad bit windy on the mississippi




mimicking how mom and kelley take pictures (aka awkwardly)



the whole gang




having a grand ol' time

in matching outfits! holla!


the promenade deck


we heart asian warriors


and dolphins too


george. our monkey.












we're sexy and we know it


girls night out


eating alligator in new orleans. totally happened.




cave tubing and rain forest hiking. yeah, we're that cool.


I hosted par-tays with my roomie and best friend, Haley.


hannah and jordan (they used to be married)

rob

rob and chris


haley and chris

lindsay and jordan

megan and brandon

dave

dave's personality

I had many other miscellaneous adventures with Haley.
luring evil cats into the pool

slaving away in the yard

disposing of expired food (that was not ours...)

I went out to lunch with my friend Joe (who visits from Colorado on occasion)
we're a bit excited that we can watch movies at zupas through an ipod hookup.
and we totally did that.

and then made a scavenger hunt for haley, who couldn't make it to lunch

it was pretty intense











but it was all worth it in the end


I went to baseball games.
haley and devin

jordan and me


I got my own office. (but I don't have pictures of that, so here are my coworkers at a work lunch)

I went to Seven Peaks.




I vacationed in Island Park, Idaho and visited Yellowstone.



"I want that."

I visited DC.

the capitol tour with hannah


my lovely NCIS ladies, janet and kelly

the best restaurant ever

yay, baseball



the washington, dc temple

costco ice cream run
brek spotted the awe-inspiring animals at Mount Vernon

nana and me

little miss bailie

bailie leading the way with her map


creepy kiera...


I partied. With my peeps. 'Cause I do that.
fong. 'nough said.

girls night out.


with chris.

I played with my cute nephews.
cougar

beckett

the bug catchers

calloway

I had a cooking date with Isdanish (yeah, Colby. You heard me. Cooking.)


I made the occasional other meal.
yes, the hairdo is a must with a mini muffin breakfast

I went to the midnight premiere of the last Harry Potter movie.

I was kidnapped for a surprise birthday weekend. Best. Thing. Ever. (One word: HALEY)


sneaking rolls out of the joint

white trash santa

shopping at DI. A ravishing pink shirt! just what I was looking for.

much to your disappointment, I'm sure, I did not buy that ravishing pink shirt


nope. not kidding. we went to tuacahn.

and saw the little mermaid. it was ridiculous.

late night mcdonald's run

vegas, baby!

I always wanted to be a lunch lady


lesbians--twelve o'clock.

the monte carlo--aka, our hotel


found him


cirque, baby!

Cameron came home from his mission.
breaking the last few paper chain links


I went boating. And unsuccessfully wake-boarded. And unsuccessfully wake-surfed.
Lame.devin, brandon, haley, me


brandon attempting to help me...to no avail


but haley got up, so that's good news!


I started dating someone.

I moved into an apartment in Provo.

I got a new church calling.

I turned 21 and had the most unbelievable party to celebrate the momentous occasion.



my lovely sister kiera documented the whole affair (thank you, thank you!)



hannah and jordan (they used to be married)


meet colby (aka someone)


cam taking care of business


our outdoor theater


me and my parentals (who threw my AMAZING party. thank you!!)


dancing the night away


country dancing, baby


me and my mama


chris may or may not have brought a gun


I got great gifts (thank you, everyone!)


and may or may not have gotten engaged


holly and shannon (two of my three roommates)


partyin', partyin', YEAH!


the whole gang (mostly)



my incredible cake, made by my incredible sister, rielle


me and rielle





oh, and did I mention that I got a new car?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!



I made new friends.


need I say more?

I went on many adventures (many of which I failed to document) with the aforementioned friends.

Here's a general overview of a few destinations and activities so you can visualize them:
We went to
*the drive-in movie
*football games
*a REAL Salt Lake game
*the Utah capitol building
*Swiss Days
*Par's pool
*FatCats bowling alley

We had
*a picnic
*apartment dinners
*game nights
*pool parties
*BBQs

We played
*poker
*things
*canasta

daniel, katie, me, colby


the closest bowling game known to man (well...mostly)

swiss days--pie


swiss days--navajo taco


Colby and I broke up.

I went to the Taylor Swift concert with my bestie, Bree.
for the unabridged version (gloriously told by my bestie, Bree, click here.)

I had other adventures with Bree.

most notable being our treat-making date

I had a girls morning with my mom and sisters.


brielle was present, but unfortunately not until later

I went out to breakfast with my roommates for my friend Emily's birthday.

I went to general conference.


I got in a car accident.
my poor car (knight rider)


her worse-off car (way to put up a fight, knight rider!)


I got a new car.


I went to football games.









and was on espn

I went to an amazing bridal shower with some amazing food, girls, and fun.

I went to a faux tea party.
haley, hannah, me



and played some chess


I partied with Katie.



Colby and I got back together.

Life got crazy...























and the US (talyn) beats Britain (colby) once again!


(the Adobe Halloween party)




(my family home evening family)


(pumpkin blizzards)

Basically life is full of random tidbits that combine to make life (particularly my life) as amazing as it is. So live it, and enjoy it. That's the way it should be.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Your life makes me jealous.

gwen said...

So glad to finally have a new post on your blog! Life looks good!! :)