Thursday, April 19, 2012

when losing is code for winning

Winter semester at BYU is over, and right now I'm so ridiculously excited for Colby. He finished his finals yesterday and showed the man who's boss! After working so hard to learn the material and do well the entire semester, all of his effort definitely paid off. He conquered his classes and I'm really proud of him.

(insert pictures that I forgot to take of us partying at the library)

He also conquered something else this week. As you all probably know, I'm currently in a blogging competition with Kiara and Colby. Over the last while I've turned into quite the consistent blogger again (finally!) and it's been a really great time. Many of you also know that I don't like to be wrong or to lose. Of course it happens and I can deal with it when it does (which wasn't the case when I was a kid, let's be honest), I'm just not really a fan. I mean, who would actually chose to lose and/or be wrong? It makes no logical sense.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I lost--to Colby. In an effort not to sound like a sore loser, I won't start off with the fact that I declare sabotage on his part (even though it was brilliantly executed). No, I will simply say congratulations Colby for being so consistent about writing and (here's the important part) commenting on my blog.

You see, last Friday around 9:45pm, Colby realized that he hadn't blogged and the week was nearly over (at midnight). After being at the library most of the evening, it definitely didn't feel like a Friday and I mentally breezed over the fact that he was writing on his blog because I'd already written on mine and all was well. Welp, not too long after that I went home to go to bed, and it wasn't until early Sunday morning that I had a mild (potentially grief-stricken) panic attack because I realized I'd lost.

Before I posted my belated comment, I came to terms with my losership because I realized a few things:
1) I still wrote on my blog every week (and so had he), which was the whole point of me starting this business.
2) It was pretty brilliant of him to wait until the last minute so that it would be easier for me to miss the window of opportunity to comment.
3) The reward was still Texas Roadhouse whether I won or lost!

Pro: After a little recap of the terms and conditions, Colby caved and last night we went to Texas.
Con: I didn't take any pictures.
That, my friends, is the "lose" part of this situation because I can't imagine a similar experience ever happening again.

Farewell my dear Texas Roadhouse. I shall miss you.

Now don't go thinking that just because I lost to Colby means I'm done with this blogging business. I've still got a good thing going with Kiara and honestly, even if I didn't, it's been fantastic getting back into the groove of documenting my life.

I hope you've enjoyed it too and managed to keep up. Summer is on the horizon and it's about time for some adventures, don't you think?

Here's a sneak peek of a few things coming up:
*A weekend in St. George
*A summer-long slumber party with Kiara
*A trip to Island Park
*Countless visits to Seven Peaks (with all the super cool 15-year-olds in the general vicinity)
*A European adventure (no, this does not mean I'm growing out my armpit hair)
*A part work experience, part vacation in Houston

Let's get this party started!
Oh wait, we already did.
It's always a party in Provo . . . mostly because there are so many weddings.

Last month one of my best friends, Courtney Daly (now Courtney Wilcox), got married!

Taylor Wilcox and Courtney Ann Daly Wilcox were married in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple
on March 9, 2012.

the happy couple


courty and me and the reception

fierce opponents for the bouquet toss

getting serious with some stretches

snagged it


we wrote the book on the art of taking lovely, flattering photographs


My beautiful sister Kiara took the photos for their wedding and did an AMAZING job, like always. It's tradition for Ki and me to take this picture, in this exact same spot, whenever we're at White Willow for a reception. Good times.

but seriously. . .

Anyway, I saw Courtney last week (thanks for the ride, my dear) and I've never seen her so happy! That's saying something when you realize I've known her since we were nine. Keep that smile on your face, Courty. I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks again! I didn't actually plot that but it worked I suppose.

Kiara said...

I can't wait to beat your hot bum in our blog off! I'm so happy I had you there to keep me company at Court's reception... And thank you for the compliments on my photos :) It means a whole heap!!

lovintheempteenest said...

I'm so confused about Texas Roadhouse . . whether it was the "prize" or not, who "prized" it and if the "prize" was eventually awarded.

AS a sidebar I feel it important to note that Texas Roadhouse is NOT representative of Texas. Here in Houston we have REALLY Good food and we don't throw it on the floor . . EVER!