On Monday I got a crazy realization that this week and next week are going to be absolutely crazy school-wise. I kind of had a tiny little freak out and spent the afternoon in Hyde Park with Sabrina, reading, talking, and writing out a schedule and to do list (predictable, aren't I?). It was quite a lovely day, and I turned out to be quite right about this week being insanely busy. It has gone by so fast because there has been SO much going on!! I don't think I need to go over all the details, so here are the highlights:
1. I GOT THE PACKAGE FROM MY MAMA!!! And I cannot tell you how THRILLED I was about it!!! It was like a treasure trove with everything I needed and MORE, and I still can't bear to throw away the box. I cherish everything in it, and it reminds me of home. I loved it. Thank you, Mama. And Daddy. And Ki, for sending it.
2. I studied. A whole bunch.
3. We went to Stratford and saw: Anne Hathaway's house, Shakespeare's birthplace, the Subway and Starbucks (they were the only places open after 6 and it was freezing outside), and finally, the performance of Love's Labour's Lost by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Amazing.
4. On one of our assigned 'walks', Sabrina and I were hit on by British men twice within an hour. The first starting with, 'Do you mind if we flirt with you for a minute?' and the second being a lovely 'hullo' from a guard at St. James Palace, followed by a whistle, a few smiles, and a chuckle or ten...cute. That was a very exciting walk, to say the least.
5. I got to sleep in-a luxury that cannot be expressed in words. Loads of sleep, followed by a fabulously large and splendid breakfast, and a free Friday and Saturday. Heavenly.
and 6. I took a break tonight from school and every stress in the world (there are quite a few floating around in my noggin at the moment), and watched Sydney White, ate Starbursts, ice cream bars, and sunflower seeds. It was very nice.
Tomorrow I get to teach primary and I'm a little scared. I have no idea who I'm teaching, how many kids there are, or what the normal procedure for lessons is here in London, but I guess the former teacher suddenly disappeared and hasn't come back, and they need my help this week. One relief is that the tube line that goes directly to our destination is finally open on Sundays (some anyway, tomorrow being one of those lucky days), so we don't have to leave to go to church until an hour before it starts. Yay. I'm sure it will be a splendid day! Especially because I'm going to wear my brown dress that was in my package!!
Hopefully I'll have time to add a few new pictures before I start my adventures this weekend-or I'll get way behind.
For those of you who haven't heard, I am headed to Ireland this Thursday, and won't be back until Saturday. I'm ecstatic and sure it will be amazing! I hear Dublin is absolutely stunning.
Until next time,
-T
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS.... I watched Sydney White on Friday! Telepathy I tell you! I miss you girl. I love you!
IRELAND! Man, I'm seriously seriously jealous!! I've always wanted to go there!
Post a Comment