And HOLY COW! I got a package from BREE this week! I can't even describe how amazingly excited I was to get it! She is so thoughtful and amazing and I appreciate it SO much! This is what it contained...and what I did with some of it :)



I love ALL packages. I don't think I gave my mama and sister a shout out for sending me my AMAZING package a while ago. It was a complete life saver and I am still rationing my sunflower seeds! I love my family and friends!!
Other than Wales and Herefordshire, the cool thing this week was Guy Fawkes Day. It's was on Wednesday, the 5th, and we actually had to watch Hamlet that night, but some of the celebrations were saved for the weekend! So yesterday Sabrina and I took a break from homework and went to the Lord Mayor's Parade in the morning, and fireworks on the Thames that night! SO GREAT! First of all, there were an incredible amount of military floats and soldiers in the parade, which was amazing to see. I love soldiers! They made me so happy! The other fantastic thing that I will never forget is an older veteran standing next to us. He was really cute, for one, (HERE HE IS!! Look at all those medals!)

but I really noticed him when a press photographer asked to take his picture. I guess under his raincoat he was wearing his uniform. After he took his jacket off, the other veteran next to me leaned over and told me about a couple of the awards the older man was sporting--he had the highest medals you can get, and there were BUNCHES of medals. It was amazing. Over the course of the parade, veterans and young soldiers alike were waving and shouting uplifting comments to him, like 'Very impressive!' Adorable. I loved when a young soldier on a float stood up and saluted him. Oh. My. Gosh. I loved that! Finally, an old car with three older veterans in us drives by (quite slowly, of course) and the man in the back seat sees our veteran friend and whips out his camera to take a picture. After 'wows' and other comments they say, 'Come with us! We'll make room.' So he gets in the car (with a little help from other military men. He was old and short and absolutely adorable) and all of us start clapping. It was so uplifting! Gosh it made me so happy!
Oh. And there were some awesome floats-dragons and smoke were involved.
And they sure know how to do fireworks here. Talk about AMAZING. We watched from a bridge and it was fabulous!
Today at church, during sacrament meeting, we were surprised by the lovely sound of the fire alarm. As soon as we all filed back in, the 1st counselor kindly made an announcement that parents should not leave their children unattended. It reminded me of those announcements in the airport--about luggage. Haha lovely. I also played the piano in primary.
It made for an interesting Sunday..
With only 42 days left, I gotta appreciate every day!
BRING ON TOMORROW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment