Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So...story...

So I was driving home from Brick Oven on University Avenue after poppin' by to visit my amiga, Janelle. She'd actually just told me that I should update my blog, and what do ya know! The drama starts flowin' right on cue! At the light on Bulldog, I pull up next to a silver Honda Civic--the only reason I remember that is because of the gorgeous man I spotted through the open window. He had short brown hair, aviator sunglasses, and when he glanced over at me, I giggled girlishly (aka retardedly) to myself over his fabulous white smile.

Then the left turn signal turned green and he was gone.

When I got home, I started on my ridiculous 40 page reading for my film class, and a while later I realized that I'd left my Apple Beer in the car--and it was probably boiling by now. I headed out the door to rescue it..and I saw a Honda Civic parked in front of my mailbox. Wierd.

So I'm reaching over the drivers seat, butt gracefully in the air, and as I go to snag my apple beer from off of the passenger side floor, my sunglasses fall off the top of my head. Great. I put the apple beer on the drivers seat and bend back over to grab my sunglasses, and when I look up WHAM! I see this SUPER hot guy on my next door neighbors porch! Oh! And he happens to drive a Honda Civic. WHAT?! I practically injured myself trying to get out of my car so fast, and in the process, I knocked my dang soda onto the driveway--
and it exploded. 

How is that even possible?!?
What. The. Heck.

I shrugged, real disappointed. And then I just stood there...trying super hard to be invisible. 
Not a chance.

Aviator boy walked to the bottom of my driveway and said, "Uh..are you okay?" 
I bent down and picked up the broken bottle, waved it in the air a little bit, and said, "Yeah! I got it!"
"Are you sure?" he says...
I looked down at my wet, sticky self and back up to him. "It sure is hot out here today!"
"So it exploded?"
"Yeah. Totally on purpose."
He kinda laughed and said, "So it would seem. It happens to the best of us.." Then he flashed his freaking sexy smile at me, put his sunglasses on, told me he'd see me around. Then he drove away. 

Are you kidding me?! How do these things happen (refer to two blogs down)? How do they happen and give me absolutely nothing to show for it? Other than my broken bottle..

3 comments:

Ben and Janelle said...

That would only happen to you, Talyn! Oh. My. Gosh. Ha! What a story. Maybe you really will see him again, but hopefully you'll be slightly more graceful about it. :) Thanks for updating!

Kiara said...

Hahaha... And that's why I love you! That is a classic story Taylynn. I missed you yesterday and I will miss you this weekend... Park City, here I come!!

Jason & Shannon said...

Haha, I'm sorry!