Friday, April 10, 2009

Espanol, hunting, Angel Felt, and a sweet cherry red ride!

So basically, my Spanish class is, well...was, the best! Our maestro, Hermano Eley was always making things fun and interesting for us. The last thing he did for us was AWESOME.
We showed up for class on Thursday and were sent on...yup, you guessed it!
A scavenger hunt!

We were split up into the teams that we've had all semester, according to the seats we chose for ourselves-those teams were:
Los Vaqueros (the cowboys, and probably spelled wrong)
Las Calientes (aka-the hot ones=MY TEAM*)
Muchas chicas y un fuerte hombre (or something like that)

The race was on! All the clues were in Spanish, and let's just say it was intense. We were running all around campus asking people if they had an envelope for the hot ones...haha
Everyone kept staring at us, especially in the library, because we REALLY wanted to win!!
WHY, you ask? It was a matter of pride. The entire semester we lost EVERY single game we played (up until the week before the scavenger hunt anyway)...so the other teams were two points ahead of us for the longest time, and when we finally got a point, and were in reach of winning it ALL (whoever won the scavenger hunt got 2 points), we were ridiculously determined.

When we found the last clue, we were headed toward the SWKT when we saw Los Vaqueros walking the same direction. As soon as we saw them, we started booking it! Especially Tamara. She and Natasha, from the other team, were all out sprinting to the building (from the library and ESC intersection thingy). Jessica and I were pretty close behind until we decided it didn't matter and that we were tired.
ENTONCES,
we both looked at each other, and down at the clues, which I had in my hand, and started running. WE NEEDED THE CLUES TO WIN!

Let's just say....

WE WON!
MWAHAHAHA! Talk about a come back!
Las Calientes RULE!

Now we just need to make a shout out to Hermano Eley, who failed to turn over our prize during the last day of class, HOY.
However, he's in a band (yes, they are named Angel Felt) performing at Velour next weekend, and a couple of us are going to be there, clad in sweet outfits, cheering for nuestro maestro.
We'll make sure he pays up.

As for other news, I took my Spanish final oral test today. I think it went really well, but I guess we'll just have to see. Dev brought over the cherry red scooter today and a helmet so I can play, I mean drive responsibly, while they're gone :) I still need to get my motorcycle license, but hopefully it'll be taken care of by early next week before finals. And hopefully the weather is good so I can ride it to school!


Oh, there is one more thing--
for those of you who faithfully read my blog and fell across my 'So...story...' story, I apologize for decieving you. My life is definitely not that eventful, even in an embarrassing way. I would take embarrassing myself in front of a hot guy over not seeing hot guys at all, any day. But...it just so happens that Haley and I are quite creative writers, and we were bored. And Janelle wanted a blog entry...so...there ya go! Sorry again! But uh...keep tuning in! There may be a sequel to the story of my friend-(the cute, currently nameless, girl)-anytime...

So be prepared.

Over and out,
-T

p.s. how about we vote on names for my new girl friend
A. Darcy
B. Ashton
C. Shay
D. Olivia

1 comment:

Ben and Janelle said...

None of my Spanish classes were that fun! I'm jealous. Glad you won!
Name for your girl friend?!?? Sounds odd. All the names except for Olivia are boy names anyway...I don't think I want to vote.