Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finals, partying hardy, and SUMMER...for a week..

Last week was INSANE.
I went to a band thing
Had a kiwi martini
Threw a party
Went dancing
And started and finished my finals!

Let's start from the beginning--
Wednesday night I went with Bailey, and a couple people from our ward, to see a guy from our ward play in his band at Muse in Provo. Great fun--until the band after him started. That was a train wreck, my friends. I repeat, a total train wreck. I couldn't really understand anything they were saying. The only line I really caught was something about gum being stuck on the bottom of the dude's shoe..bad sign. SO we left and went to Spark---in comes the kiwi martini. Spark is a non-alcoholic lounge and it is a crazy fun, loungy, low key, relaxy-type place. And the martini wasn't half bad either! Yummy!
That night Bailey and I were driving home from P-town in a bit of a snowfall and about 2 inches of snow. By the time we got to my house (Ki's), there were probably 8 inches of snow and Bailey was revving the engine up to 60 to get through it! Needless to say, she stayed over--we were snowed in. The next day we woke up and decided to have a Christmas party in light of the weather. That entire day, instead of studying for finals, Bailey, Courtney, and I planned, decorated, and prepared for our hoppin' par-tay!! It was a blast--although, there were a few stressful hours for the female owner of the house...haha, but we had Mom and Par come over and check on the status of the house and our 'wild behavior'. Let's just say we didn't win the 'Girls Gone Wild' award. It was a really good time though--minus the part in the evening when I made caramel corn and roasted the butter in the pan. Yuck. Attempt two worked out so much better!
The next day I had to suffer studying finance for four hours in the JKB. Oh yeah, but that was after I saw '17 Again' with Haley..BUT I did take another final that morning! Book of Mormon, yo! Aced it baby! So '17 Again' was like a reward...and a punishment too. Haha but worth it! I took the Finance final a couple hours later, did about how I expected, and as a REWARD (haha) I went dancing/clubbin with my chicas at Studio 600 in SLC. Woot woot! I don't think I've had such a crazy time before! Or been so dang hot and sweaty...Holy cow it was amazingly fun! But after crazy dancing for three hours straight, I was ready to get outta there and grab some agua. We got home around 2 in the am and I was not going to allow Court or myself to get into bed like that and yucky it up! By the time I got into bed, it was super late...and it took me about 2 whole seconds to fall asleep. Gosh I was beat.
Then I woke up in a PANIC, thinking that I was going to be late for my last final, Film, because I had been setting my alarm when I fell asleep and hadn't pressed 'OKAY'. Then I realized it was 7am--and my final wasn't til 11am. Good deal. I woke up, got ready, went to my parental's house to print a paper, took my final, returned my books to the BYU Bookstore, got a Jamba Juice (even after they refused to take my gift card. Stupid.) And then I played with my family, including my cousins that are here from Wisconsin for a week! Super fun! And I got to watch Lost...although, maybe I should watch the first two seasons instead of starting with the third one. I'll work on that..

As for this week--I have a couple to do's. My cuz is getting married this weekend, I have a blind date, I'm hoping to get a tan...
It should be a very exciting week of summer, I assure you! I'll let you know what happens--
if there's anything good.

Over and out,
T

P.S. Here are a couple pictures of what we did to Ki's house for our Christmas decorations! Can I get a woot woot?! (Oh, and we didn't need to BUY any food. Thanks for the supplies my lovely sista!)

2 comments:

Ben and Janelle said...

Can I be honest? You sound high!! You just rattle on and on from one thing to another! Ha! :) Sounds like you finally managed to add some crazy fun to your school routine. Too bad it was at the end! Good job, though. You've been busy! See ya. (hopefully)

Unknown said...

Can i just say that you're hilarious and i really miss you tons? haha xoxo cuz