Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yes, yes we ARE that cool. And yes, these things DO happen.

This morning I talked to my favorite middle sister, Kiara (aka Kiera) on the phone. She's in Florida, for those of you who forgot.
And basically, I don't like it. I want her and my Bailie home.
As a result of the miss-age goin' on, on my part anyway, I found a couple of kodak moments that I'd like to share.

One: Bailie grabbed the curling iron. I don't want to talk about whose fault that was, but it was SO cute to watch her tough it out and deal with her adorable little bandage.
Two: The whole fam went on a little trip to the zoo! Here's a sweet little snap shot of me and Kiera, being our lovely selves..
I just like it!I sure do miss you guys! And I can't wait to come to Flo-rida to play!

Next, we have The Adventures of Bree & Talyn
On our way to the Manti Temple to do baptisms, we ran into something...curious. Very curious.


Sheep, anyone?
Note: I also ran OVER a weasel-like creature (on accident! Well, mostly. Like I was going to slam on my breaks for a stupid weasel standing in the middle of the road..) on the way to our campground in Moab after the Monticello Temple. Whoopsy!

Coming up next is the girls night Hannah, Haley, and I had. Yes, there was a little fire dancing and chanting involved, as well as some radish picking.


Fortunately the radish picking was in the dark. And extra fortunate is the fact that Haley agreed to pick them while I held the Cinderella flashlight. Let's just say that there were a couple...nasty things crawling all over them. BUT they were successfully terminated and washed down the drain.

Finally--an oldie, but a goody. Bree and I took our moms to the Salt Lake Temple with us to do baptisms. So here's me with my cute mama, eating dinner at Buca, sipping our apple and watermelon lemonades. Haha crazy! I love it!
As for the most recent news...
My friends and I went to the Space Center up in PG. You know the one! You go there on 6th grade field trips. Yes, we ARE that cool. AND we totally kicked alien supremacist butt and saved the children of Perikoi. Dats right!
Bree and Kelsea annihilated a Romulan, Emily and Hannah talked back to the aliens, Cam got a hand cramp, I scanned some space with my sweet radar system, Bain lost her shoe, Haley decoded some alien lingo, Courtney played secretary, Ammon torpedoed the crap out of alien fighter ships...and Aaron is a player. So basically the USS Voyager RULES.
Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture of our crew in our uniforms, but we got a picture of all of us afterward, and I will upload it as soon as I get it from my friend.

Because I don't blog enough, let me just give you a quick overview of a few great things that have happened over the last...while:
I got accepted into the Washington Seminar program and will be doing an internship in D.C.
next summer
I passed Spanish
I saw "The Proposal" and "Star Trek"- - Oh. My. Gosh.
I fell into the perfect routine (and then tripped and fell right back out of it)
I witnessed the Jonas Brothers & the Stadium of Fire
I rolled on the floor, laughing my guts out with my cousin, Heather
I went camping
I didn't sleep while camping--but Bree and I made sweet homemade ice cream (yes, while
camping) and s'mores
I ate way too many s'mores
I learned how to play Canasta
I got hit on by a missionary serving in the Vernal Temple
I almost biffed it while being baptized in the Monticello Temple
I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince at 7:30pm...the night before it came out
Bree and I read three books out loud
I worked in the yard. A lot.
I watched Wipeout, The Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds & The Mentalist, and the Bachelorette
I wanted to watch One Tree Hill Season 5 and start watching Lost and NCIS -- with no such luck
I got fried like a lobster in St. George
I took Cam on a double date with my parents
I tried to teach Cougar how to swim
I sweat a lot, I talked a lot, I slept a lot, I stayed up late a lot, I sang in my car a lot, and I laughed a lot.

So basically, life is good.

1 comment:

Ben and Janelle said...

You're quite the busy gal! Sounds like you've had tons of fun! Did you get my text? I am finally quitting Brick Oven!!!! :)