Alrighty dighty! Here we go onto my Sunday and Monday in New York.
On Sunday morning Bree and I got up early to go eat at this little French restaurant that I can't remember the name of. Naturally I got French toast--I had to test it and see if they really do it like we do it here. Pretty sure there is a picture of my lovely breakfast above in the "food, glorious food" slideshow. Bree got quiche. I think that's what it was. Anyway, it was lovely and yummy, which was a double whammy. Then we went on the highline--a walkway along an old railroad track above the city along...a body of water..the Hudson? I'm gunna go with that. My favorite pictures are the ones from the "funny, funny, funny" slideshow with the man tanning on the bench. What the...I kind of missed that initially. But hey, at least he wasn't old, white, and wrinkly...
Then we went to Chelsea Market. It's in a really cool building with those fabulous pictures of men with crazy facial hair. Awesome. The shops there seemed pretty expensive, but it was such a cool atmosphere! Pictures are in "the basics of asics" slideshow. Church was next. Let's just say that the talks were...interesting. The first girl gave hers from her iPhone...and the guy after her gave his from his Macbook on the pulpit. Way to represent Apple, guys, but REALLY?
Up next was a nice walk around Bree's hopefully future apartment, Trinity Church (from National Treasure), and the Hudson. As we came up on the Hudson I saw this...sculpture?
Uh...inappropriate? It happened. That's when Bree noticed the plaque by our feet.
It said, wait for it....EYES.
BAHAHAHAHA.
You're kidding.
Because I don't buy it for a second.
EYES my eye!
BAHAHAHAHA.
You're kidding.
Because I don't buy it for a second.
EYES my eye!
But don't fret. The scandalous adventure continued to get steamier (seriously, it was SO hot that day) when we came across this pretty piece-o-candy singing Snow Patrol and playing the guitar with his handsome, muscular back exposed...yes, please! Cue OPERATION SNEAK PEEK.
We liked the area along the Hudson so much that we decided to take a rest. We both fell asleep. And I had a FAB tan line. Bree's was definitely better...mostly because she was ROASTED. And the neck of her dress was higher than everything else she had to wear for the next two weeks of her study abroad in Europe. Haha sorry honey bunny, but it was FUNNY. The best part was that it got progressively redder and redder for HOURS. But we didn't realize this until after we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. BUT, when we ate at the Shake Shack, we saw this guy.
Bree was the lucky one of the day...
Her and the dogs of New York.
They had this option on the menu at the Shake Shack.
East coast people are crazy about their dogs. It's strange.
Her and the dogs of New York.
They had this option on the menu at the Shake Shack.
After dinner we went back to the apartment, showered, and watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. Weirdest movie--holy cow. I like Audrey Hepburn as much as the next person, but I have no idea why that movie is a classic. I didn't know what was going on...the whole time. Next time it's gotta be Pillow Talk. (You and me, Brina)
On Monday, sleeping in was just out of reach--once again. We could only get an appointment to do baptisms at the Manhattan Temple at 8 en la manana. So out we hopped on the creepy subway system and headed to the temple. It was a really great experience--and different. Very few people working there spoke English well, but they were the cutest old guys and they tried so hard to communicate with us. The other great thing was that the girl in front of us was doing it for the first time. I was so excited for her! The rest of our day was pretty flexible because we'd already done everything on our list and eaten at all the places on our list--all but one. One cheesecake place at Times Square. So we went, got amazing strawberry cheesecake, stopped at Taco Bell for lunch (a-ma-za-zing) and spent the rest of the day tanning in our swimming suits. Yay for vaca!! Bad idea for Miss Bree Lena. Thanks for my genes, Mom and Dad! I had a nice healthy glow :) Poor Bree was roasted plus some. Yes, we put on sunscreen. AND it was only for an hour or two. Crazy!
After our session under the sun we went home, showered, and hauled ourselves (me with my duffle bag) through the nasty subway, once again, to catch my bus home.
The bus left 45 minutes late. The guy managing the bus was a crankster, too. Bad combo. He made everyone cranky! Good thing this bus was actually nice and we didn't have to worry about the L-I-C-E.
I got home super late, I unpacked, went to bed, got up, and went to work. Joy to the world of work. Then again, there is joy. These are some things I got to do at work.
On Monday, sleeping in was just out of reach--once again. We could only get an appointment to do baptisms at the Manhattan Temple at 8 en la manana. So out we hopped on the creepy subway system and headed to the temple. It was a really great experience--and different. Very few people working there spoke English well, but they were the cutest old guys and they tried so hard to communicate with us. The other great thing was that the girl in front of us was doing it for the first time. I was so excited for her! The rest of our day was pretty flexible because we'd already done everything on our list and eaten at all the places on our list--all but one. One cheesecake place at Times Square. So we went, got amazing strawberry cheesecake, stopped at Taco Bell for lunch (a-ma-za-zing) and spent the rest of the day tanning in our swimming suits. Yay for vaca!! Bad idea for Miss Bree Lena. Thanks for my genes, Mom and Dad! I had a nice healthy glow :) Poor Bree was roasted plus some. Yes, we put on sunscreen. AND it was only for an hour or two. Crazy!
After our session under the sun we went home, showered, and hauled ourselves (me with my duffle bag) through the nasty subway, once again, to catch my bus home.
The bus left 45 minutes late. The guy managing the bus was a crankster, too. Bad combo. He made everyone cranky! Good thing this bus was actually nice and we didn't have to worry about the L-I-C-E.
I got home super late, I unpacked, went to bed, got up, and went to work. Joy to the world of work. Then again, there is joy. These are some things I got to do at work.
Of course I have more stories and more fun, but it's late, I am tired, and I still need to upload my most recent pictures to my computer. Blogging is always on my to-do list, so I'll get right on that.
It's been a pleasure, as always.
Have a happy week! I'll be home in seven of those. Weird.
Until next time,
t
2 comments:
Those are some sexy photos!! The ones that will be in the catalog :) You are famous! I miss that beautiful face of yours... Love you
That cursed 'Estes Gene' is hard to control when on vacation and passing all the yummy restaurants.... sorry hon! Hey, I want one of those NCIS jackets, hats and for sure a t-shirt!!! I can hardly wait to read your article.... you have my permission to snub your editing teachers!
This is your Mom, not Kiara
Post a Comment