Let me give you a quick (probably won't turn out that way) update.
Life is good. Most of my time has been devoted to my two capstone (senior) classes, one of which is for my linguistics major and the other is for my editing minor. Out of those two, the most time consuming is definitely my editing capstone, but it's also the most rewarding. I LOVE that class. We are making a legitimate magazine, called Stowaway, and it has been such a stressful, but exciting process so far. I love what we're doing and I love the people in my class. They really are amazing. Once our issue hits the internet (it's the fall issue, so it should be uploaded in October) you'll know. Guaranteed. I'm really proud of it right now, so I can't imagine how much I'm going to brag about it later when people can actually see it. To see the current issue and find out more about what we do as a magazine staff, go to our recently revamped website (thank you, web team), www.stowawaymag.com.
I'm also spending plenty of time writing missionaries. Here's the quick update on the ones who have been consistent for a while.
Elder Schiffman: He is currently serving in California, where he met my Aunt Paralee and she "introduced us" by giving him my address. That was last summer and I was pretty surprised to get a letter from some mysterious missionary, but it's turned out to be great. He's loved the summer heat of Northern Cali (that's a lie), especially when he's been on a bike (a bigger lie). He's had a lot of success recently (5 scheduled baptisms last I heard) and he's finishing things off strong. He gets home next Tuesday, March 14.
Elder Crabtree: He is also serving in California. I "met" him through my cousin, Heather, who grew up with him in Texas. Maybe you know that I enjoy writing missionaries, so me writing him was like a birthday present to him from Heather, who thought it was a great idea :) haha. Anyway, he's been doing really well too. He recently got to see two couples he taught be sealed for eternity in the temple. I can't even imagine that feeling. He has one more transfer left.
Elder Olsen: Cameron has been a consistent for me since he left over a year and a half ago. He is SO great. AH. Ever since he left, I have loved watching him mature and change for the better. At the beginning of this year he made 2011 goals and spread them out for each month, which is a brilliant plan, and I guess it's working miracles. It seems like he is always telling me about the families that he and his companion have found to teach. I'm really, really proud of him and sometimes I have these flashbacks of the Cam I knew when we were 9 years old and just laugh at the thought. Things have changed quite a bit since then--and I'm not just talking about him growing over a foot taller . . . but that happened too. Cam should be back sometime in August.
I've also made time for BYU basketball. Of course. THIS is the perfect basketball season to finish off my senior year at good ol' Brigham Young University. I've spent my fair share of time waiting in the all-sports pass line, waiting in the Marriott Center two hours before the game actually starts, and cheering and/or dancing it up in an amazing student section. It's been unbelievably fun and I'm so happy that Haley has been there with me! What an adventure. (Speaking of, the quarter final game in the Mountain West Conference Tournament starts in 6 minutes).
Other than that, I've been going to [LOTS OF] ward activities (it's a New Years resolution thing--Emily's fault), having photo shoots with Haley, partying it up with work peeps (shout out to Holly, Hannah, Ryan, Jordan, and Sean), ward peeps (that's you, Amanda, Emily, and Kelsey), Sabrina, Haley, and my family. That's where my spare time goes. Well, there and other places.
Here are some photos from my recent escapades.
photo shoot by Kiara












Haley being all sexy in her red pants.



Graduation photos! (please tell me you get the joke here . . . )


Valentine's Day decade blind date dance. Mouthful? Yes. Mouthful of FUN? Also yes.


There's more to come, my friends. Keep an eye out.
Over and out.
-t

3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I was totally mentioned by name in your blog! I'm so awesome! I still love those pictures, by the way.
You? Blogging every week?! That'll last about...a week. :)
Ah. Lehi train tracks. Nice photo spot! Ben and I had some taken there. The photographer wasn't so great (almost all the other ones on her blog are really good, but ours...not so much).
slightly depressed I didn't make you spare time list... oh ya, and the fact that we have no pictures..... but somehow I still love you!
Post a Comment