I've slacked off at taking pictures as of late and, as a result, I haven't blogged much. Perhaps it's because Colby and I have fallen into a kind of routine lately that really isn't that interesting, but it works for us. Variations come up depending on the day, but it usually goes a little something like this:
I go to work.
Colby goes to school.
I get home from work and exercise.
Colby gets home from school and studies.
One of us makes dinner for the other (because the other usually has class or a temple visit going on).
We go to institute.
We party (aka work on stuff or chat with Kiara).
We read the scriptures (en espanol, mind you).
We go to bed.
Very exciting stuff. I'll be sure to take photos in the future so you can see all the action in real life. Until then, however, we have a few flashbacks to visit. I found these photos and they made me happy, especially because Adrian is now in Canada (and we miss him dearly), and Megan moved home (to South Jordan, which is a tad bit closer than Canada) and I don't see her much anymore.
During winter semester--which seems like ages ago--we went on a group date. The gang used to do this all the time during fall semester, but we all kind of went our separate ways during winter, so this was quite the reunion.
We went grocery shopping,
made dinner,
and went to the Nickelcade (or, as the kids these days call it, Nickel City).
Adrian kicked DDR's butt,
Colby wanted a piece of that,
Daniel and Megan battled it out playing air hockey,
and I showed Pacman who's boss.
Too bad my official photographer decided to take his coffee break at that moment...
In other news, Colby, me, and my family went to see the Hunger Games--the night before it was released into theaters. I mentioned that we were going to go, but I didn't bring up how fantastic it was. Assigned seating, no waiting in line, a sweet lanyard with a fake VIP pass on it. What more could a girl ask for?
Here we are having a grand ol' time,
then came the real smiles,
and finally, we exited the theater with plenty of time to see the lines we didn't have to wait in.
Booyah.
Also a couple months ago, I moved out of my apartment at Alpine Village into Bree's house and then into Kiara's house (it's kinda like ward hopping, but not against the rules). Before I carted all my stuff to new dwellings, however, I decided to go through my closet. My mom helped me and it's a good thing because I definitely needed someone to help me document this.
I found some of my pants from a year ago,
and I couldn't believe how they fit.
More like didn't.
This is by far the best reason to have to buy new clothes.
Over Easter weekend, Colby and I spent quite a bit of time with my family. We had a family lunch on Saturday (with everyone but Kiara, who was out of town).
The festivities included a delicious barbeque,
an entertaining egg hunt for the kiddos,
and an intense game of wiffle ball.
There was some manly bonding going on,
and some womanly bonding as well.
The next day Kiara came home and the Farleys went up to Yaya's to have a redo egg hunt, only this time, Bailie did the hiding and the adults did the hunting. Colby was quite the happy camper because he's never had such a perfect opportunity to shove me to the ground. Thanks, honey cakes, for showing me how much you love me. Pretty sure he was just jealous that Bailie picked me to go at the front of the hunting line.
Basically it was a great time.
Last but not least, weddings are on the rise. A couple of weeks ago I went to my good friend's (and former roommate's) bridal shower. We ate some fantastic treats, made dresses out of toilet paper (although we had quite the advantage because Bree the dress designer and maker was on our team AND the bride was our model--we know how to pick 'em!), and opened presents.
Emily and Matt
She got some great gifts--let me tell you.
My friend Jordan, whom I used to work with and Independent Study, also got married a couple of weeks ago. The great thing is that he married our friend Hannah's roommate, but Hannah is currently on a mission in Texas and was unable to see her handiwork pay off. Fortunately I was around to represent the group, and it was certainly a party. Coldstone ice cream all around!
But seriously. It happened.
Congrats Jordan and Maddie!

4 comments:
This is one reason why blogs are so much fun . . . . The last item you stated of your routine is pasted below:
We go to bed.
Very exciting stuff. I'll be sure to take photos in the future so you can see all the action in real life.
LOL!
haha!! We go to bed... love it!!! and dang girl you sexy!!!! You are so freaking tiny I cannot believe that picture! That is seriously so awesome, I'm so proud of you! And yes, I am using a lot of explanation marks but I mean every single one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!
I cannot confirm or deny what we go to bed means, but I can tell you that alot exclamation points are necessary. So, here is me showing emotion. I love Talyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for including me in that awesome post! Miss ya around here
Post a Comment