Many of you are aware that a few weeks ago Colby and I got our engagement pictures taken. First of all, let me just say that I love Colby more than I can express, and one thing he does that really makes my cup o'er flow is show me a fabulous time regardless of what we're doing.
Here's the long and short of it:
I love photo shoots.
Colby does not.
But for almost four hours, I wouldn't have been able to say that about him and believe it at the same time. So cheers to Colby for being such a great sport and for making our photo shoot a fiercely good time.
Second of all, I don't have any idea where the tradition to take engagement pictures came from, but I appreciated the excuse to rally the troops (Colby, Kiara, and my mom) and drag them to Park City for our photographic adventure.
And what an adventure it was.
We laughed...basically the entire time.
Well, unless we were kissing
or trying to let Kiara be artistic.
At one point we did our own stunts (the water was ridiculously cold, okay? It counts.)
and then there was the handful of times that we were able to keep it simple and just smile.
Basically we got the perfectly balanced photographic experience and--like I said--it was a fiercely good time. There was definitely adventure, intrigue, sass, happiness, laughter, and goofiness. And what would any engagement photo shoot be like without googley eyes? Incomplete, I tell you. Weird how gazing lovingly into your fiance's eyes just comes with the territory--but seriously. It does.
We were so lucky to have everything that I could've possibly hoped for.
Thanks, again, to Colby for being so dang much fun.
Thanks, Mom, for being the designated stool-getter, wardrobe fixer, and audience for our comedic performance.
And lastly, here's a giant dose of thanks to my amazing, beautiful, talented, creative, sister. Thank you, Kiara, for being so excited to take our pictures in the first place. And thank you for laughing, for being patient with us, and for letting us entertain you for the afternoon when the time for our adventure finally came. We couldn't be happier with the time we had or the spoils we got in the end. We hope you had fun with us too.
You're the best and we can't wait for the next round.










.jpg)













.jpg)


5 comments:
Oh, you guys. Too funny. Lovin' the pictures.
Amen! Thanks again Kiara.
I adore these!
Those pictures are PRICELESS! Especially the one you use at the top of your blog now. So funny. :-)
AWWW so cute!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment