Wednesday, June 27, 2012
cheers to the next seventeen hours
Well folks, it's time for my first big adventure of the summer! I apologize that I didn't finish this post when I was at home on my computer. It would've been a lot more aesthetically pleasing. My iPad doesn't have the most extensive list of options (and by the end of this post I'm sure the fact that it doesn't register returns is going to drive me crazy) but I know how to work with what I've got. Right now this is it. Sorry in advance about the giant paragraph.
The moral of the story is that I'm going to Italy!
Mom and Jill brought me to the airport where I immediately headed for security (Yup, you heard right--I'm not checking a bag for my ten day trip) and got through it in about 3.4 minutes. I love the Delta terminal on a weekday in the middle of the day. All of this is quite a change from my normal routine of waking up at the crack of dawn to catch a flight that is only slightly later than the crack of dawn.
Since it took me all of ten minutes to get from the car to my gate, I've had plenty of time to watch all of the extremely interesting people that have walked by and gotten off of the plane that arrived at my gate. My favorite was either the guy with two huge bloody gashes on his swollen foot and ankle or the lady who was wearing convertible pants with a broken zipper...so the back of her leg was exposed through a large unzipped hole. Classy. Other than some awesome people watching, there's no scoop right now, so this is mainly a farewell and an intro.
I'm flying from Salt Lake to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to Rome where I catch a train into the city and eventually meet up with Colby and the rest of the Crabtree clan. We'll be in Rome, Venice and Padua, and the Domolmites for the next ten days. (ps. If you have never seen a picture of the Dolomites, google it.) Ultimately, when all is said and done, we fly out of Florence. But I'm not going to get ahead of myself. My vaca is just getting started!
It's going to be a minute before I get there, but I have so much to look forward to, so who cares?
I'll keep you posted when I can! For now just pray that I get where I should be when I should be there.
Over and out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have you downloaded the Blogger App? It's a little more user-friendly than just using safari.
I am so excited for your adventure! I miss you already! Don't worry, I've been praying for you all day :)
Post a Comment