This is my daddy.
As you can see, he is quite the multifaceted person.
Well, ya see, his birthday was yesterday...and the thing is, I just love him and miss him so much and I keep telling him that, but I don't want him to forget it! Because it is 100 percent true.
I definitely miss his laugh and his smile and his teasing and his sarcasm that I have so luckily inherited.
I love that he can keep a straight face
--through any joke, sarcastically harsh comment, or ridiculous conversation--
as long as it's not when he's trying to get the scowl off of my face.
Well, ya see, his birthday was yesterday...and the thing is, I just love him and miss him so much and I keep telling him that, but I don't want him to forget it! Because it is 100 percent true.I definitely miss his laugh and his smile and his teasing and his sarcasm that I have so luckily inherited.
I love that he can keep a straight face
--through any joke, sarcastically harsh comment, or ridiculous conversation--
as long as it's not when he's trying to get the scowl off of my face.
I love that he loves me and the rest of my family and that he shows us. He plays the drums with us, he goes on dates with us, he takes us on motorcycle rides, he plays or sits out in the (quiet) backyard with us, and he works to help us and to support us--whether it is in the yard, the house, or the office.Over the years he has done some serious service on my behalf. He taught me how to drive a manual car (even after I stalled on a freeway on ramp). He blew off my first horrible grade on a final like it was no big deal (which I'm pretty sure is actually how he feels about it, which is even better!). He acted in my New Years murder mystery party and was actually murdered for me. He taught me over and over again how to do basketball drills until I was the best girl at Champions Basketball Camp. He loved me even, hugged me, and was seen in public with me when I was brace face AND four eyes--at the same time!
And even though he may not think it,
because I either don't like it or I just don't show that I appreciate it,
he always says exactly what I need to hear.
You are an absolutely incredible person, teacher, example, and dad.
I love you SO much, Daddy.
Thank you for everything.
Happy Birthday.
I love you SO much, Daddy.
Thank you for everything.
Happy Birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment