Monday, August 18, 2008

the olympics, to-do's, and pain

Things have been absolutely insane lately. I've been trying to keep up with the olympics (gotta love dvr) along with checking off my study abroad tasks one by one without being able to move! 
First- I LOVE the Olympics. More specifically: swimming, gymnastics, beach volleyball, and diving. Wow! I am so proud of Michael Phelps-and he seems like a stud on top of being a ridiculously good swimmer. Love that. I also love Dara Torres and how chatty and friendly and amazing she is. It blows me away how wonderful she is-as a swimmer and a person. 
I've constantly felt bad for U.S. gymnastics teams though. Stupid mistakes have frustrated me...a lot (and it's easy for me to be frustrated because I'm not the one doing the stunts)-I still can't believe that Alicia fell off the balance beam or that Nastia fell flat on her back during the prelims on the uneven bars. Sad day. In the end though, I'm SO proud to be an American! Jonathan Horton's ability to stick his landings in the team competition finals, and Shawn Johnson's flawless performances amaze me to no end. They have so much talent! 

Second-this whole study abroad thing is becoming more and more real...it's about time, right?! In between registering to vote, applying for an absentee ballot, and running to the HRCB in time to pick up a stupid textbook, I still have to think about packing, worry about my flight schedule, and stress about how little my money is worth! The day just isn't long enough. Although, I feel so much relief after going to our little London party this last Saturday. It was so nice to ask all of my questions (there were quite a few, I assure you), and to chat with the girls. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one that doesn't know what to expect. I guess we'll see soon enough. AH! YAY!

Third-tubing is of the devil. I went boating for the first time this last weekend, and oh. my. word. Let me just preface by saying that I did NOT get myself tossed off the tube. Points to the new girl. And no, Todd, pretty sure I didn't get the 'easy' setting for all 15-20 minutes. There's a point where the fact that I'm a girl doesn't matter and frustration takes over. Jameson was TRYING to throw me off, and I got my trashed kicked. Hard. So hard that I'm still hurting. And yet-the only way he got me in the water was by pulling me in and tipping the tube over by hand. Talk about a self-esteem boost! 

Life is just fantastic. Pain included.. 

1 comment:

Kiara said...

oh freak! You are hilarious! I was laughing so hard when I read this blog! I love it! You better keep this up when you are gone cause I really need your funny humor... Have I told you how much I am going to miss you? I can't really describe it, but just know that you are one of my favorite people EVER.
I'm getting a little teary just thinking about you leaving!
I want you I need you, oh baby, oh baby...